'Uthmaan (Arabic: عثمان )
An islamic name that can be given to a muslim boy after the prophet's companion Hadhrat 'Uthman bin Affaan رضي الله عنه
 Uthmaan bin Affaan (رضي الله عنه)
- 'Uthmaan (RA) was born in Makkah to the Banu Ummayyah, a a wealthy clan of the Quraish tribe
- Full name: Uthmaan ibn Affaan
- Father's name: Aus bin Umayyah
- Mother's name: Arwa bint Kuraiz
- He was the cousin of the Prophet (Peace be upon him)
- One of the ten companions that were promised paradise (Asharah Mubasharah)
- Married two daughters of the final Messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him)
- He took part in all the battles that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) fought except for Badr
- "Every Prophet has a companion in paradise, and my companion in paradise will be 'Uthmaan."
- "There will be after me (my death) dispute and severe disagreement." Someone asked: who do you advise us to follow? He replied: "Follow the leader and his companions (pointing towards 'Uthmaan)."